Many of the items below suggest that you talk to the person who coordinates an activity. If you don’t have one yet, ask for a copy of the Parish Directory to get their telephone number and e-mail address. A copy of the directory is also available online.
If you want to get acquainted within a small group,
- come to one of our more intimate worship services: the 8 am service on Sundays, Vespers on Tuesday at 5:30, and a monthly Saturday evening Eucharist. Details about all of these are on the worship web page.
- talk to Rev. Mary-Elizabeth about which of our social gatherings might work best for you. These include monthly lunches at restaurants in Morro Bay and in Los Osos, a book club, and film nights.
If you want to learn,
- check out the offerings of our Hollister Institute
If you’d like to help us reach out to the wider community,
- talk to Diana Hammerlund about helping serve food at the Prado Day Center
- talk to Francis Rivinus or Judith or Kevin Cadigan about helping with our thrift shop.
- bring donations of canned and boxed food, etc. for the Prado Day Center to church (collected the first Sunday of each month)
If you like to make music,
- sing out lustily during our worship services
- talk to our Music Director John Cribb about adding your singing or instrument-playing to one of the groups that enliven many of our services
If you like to cook,
- bring something yummy to the potluck lunch we have after worship the first Sunday of every month
- talk to Stef Shuman about helping with food for the “coffee hour” after worship on other Sundays
- talk to Diana Hammerlund about preparing food that we will serve at the Prado Day Center
If you like to work with plants,
- talk to Liz Maruska about how you can help with our five acres of grounds.
- talk to Laura Thompson about providing flowers for the altar.
If you might like to help in worship services (as a reader, etc.),
- talk to Rev. Caro